- 29-Dec-2016 to 27-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Bethesda, MD, USA
- Full Time
Bethesda Country Club is hiring an Assistant Superintendent. Under the Superintendent's supervision, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and all other areas of the golf course. This is a working Assistant Superintendent position and he/she is expected to perform all tasks needed to maintain a golf course. The Assistant Superintendent may serve in the Superintendent's capacity during his absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a leader and set examples for employees, interns, and other Assistant Superintendents. Maintain a sense of urgency and pride in work in order to provide the best product.
- Work closely with the staff on all projects, making sure to not only manage but provide physical labor assistance to the operation. Following up on projects is key to success.
- Responsible for training new and old employees, safely and properly to do the job correctly and efficiently.
- Enforce strict safety rules and regulation to make sure all employees operate equipment safely.
- Assign Daily Tasks, Planning & Scheduling, of work for the staff on the golf course.
- Communicate job assignments, order of operation with staff and meet daily for short range planning with other Assistants.
- Oversee and participate in pesticide and fertilizer applications and record keeping, as well as, operate and maintain application equipment. Includes maintaining a safe and organized chemical and fertilizer storage area.
- Provides accurate daily updates and feedback to the Golf Course Superintendent in the event of his abscense.
- Treat all members and staff with respect at all times even in negative situations.
High School graduate or equivalent, required
Two or Four year college degree, preferred
Two or more years in golf course management supervision.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Maryland State Pesticide Applicators License (3-C, Turf) within 90 days.
- Maryland State Fertilizer Applicators License within 90 days.
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefits
- Professional Association dues
- Holiday Bonus and Performance Bonus